View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014   #329
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 4.135: Tom Savage QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I believe so as well. People are making too much out of this potential trade up thingy...it was literally 1 spot before they were supposed to pick in the 2nd round. I think they called Seattle's bluff and they lost is all. I firmly believe however that if Teddy had been there at 32 they would've taken him...unless an offer they recieved blew them away.
classic example of letting the draft come to you. pretty sure if Bridgewater had just used gloves during Louisville Pro Day this wouldn't even be close, which makes me wonder if Texans/O'Brian brought him in for a private workout? Does anyone know? If they didn't would suggest they took him off their board so why bother trading up?

Savage we know was worked out & on O'Brian radar for at least couple years. I'm a big Teddy fan & was willing to go with him #1 overall after his bowl game but the process really seemed to undermine his actual game film, then he may have simply been a victim of bad advisers recommendations. Despite all of Savages baggage moving around programs in the end he was all alone & stood out because of growth as person through hardship with plus size & strength for position.

2012 Draft was Mercilus