View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014   #324
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 4.135: Tom Savage QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
My point was that Aikman was NFL ready as a prospect. He could've come into almost any NFL situation and been successful. Of course the quality of the team around him mattered. I'm not arguing that Aikman was a greater pro QB than Bret Favre. My point is that Aikman was going to be a deadly accurate NFL QB with quite leadership and toughness in the pocket no matter who drafted him. Favre, on the other hand, would not have become the player he did if he was not traded from Atlanta to Green Bay, where he learned and developed under one of the greatest offensive coaching staffs ever assembled.
We assume he was the most NFL ready QB and we assume he would of been successful anywhere. We do not know that for sure, we have all seen MANY QBs who were NFL ready flop. Given Aikmans situation they to may have been very good, never know.