View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014   #322
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 4.135: Tom Savage QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I love Troy Aikman & don't mean to berate his legacy in any way.

But...

He had Mark Tuinei, Nate Newton, & Emmit Smith (not to mention or take anything away from Stepnowski, Gogan, & Williams). They'll make any QBs job a whole lot easier. Emmit may not have been as flashy as Barry Sanders, but he's the best closer the NFL has ever seen.
My point was that Aikman was NFL ready as a prospect. He could've come into almost any NFL situation and been successful. Of course the quality of the team around him mattered. I'm not arguing that Aikman was a greater pro QB than Bret Favre. My point is that Aikman was going to be a deadly accurate NFL QB with quite leadership and toughness in the pocket no matter who drafted him. Favre, on the other hand, would not have become the player he did if he was not traded from Atlanta to Green Bay, where he learned and developed under one of the greatest offensive coaching staffs ever assembled.