Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014   #1324
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Houston Texans nearly drafted Blake Bortles?

according to Tony Pauline.

The Texans held the first pick in the draft and there's was much intrigue right up until the final minutes. Houston seriously considered Blake Bortles with the initial selection and I'm told they had two cards filled out at their table. One had Bortles name on it while the other listed the team's eventual selection, Jadeveon Clowney. In the end Clowney was the smart pick and was made in large part based on fear; the team was afraid of passing up such a potentially dominant defender.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/5/...nfl-draft-2014
If I was fishing for a trade , which they were , I would have two cards because they know who is on one card . A team that was focused on one player would be afraid his guy was on the other card .

Bortles right now is just a guy until proven otherwise . He was picked that high because the Jags wanted a local guy more than the headache of JF . JF had a better arm , bigger hands , and higher Wunderlich . JF also played in the SEC .

Savage has about the same size , much better arm , and bigger hands . Savage was a freshman All American and then got hurt his sophomore year and lost his job . He pouted and left to Arizona and when Arizona hired Rich Rodriguez , whose last QB was Denard Robinson , he left because he didn't fit the system . Savage admits to being a brat and having to grow up . He's like a Mormon kid who went on a two year mission . He's grown up at 24 .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote