View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014   #264
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Selection 4.135: Tom Savage QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Has it ever been confirmed that the Texans would have picked Bridgewater at 33?

I know it's assumed, especially by the Vikings front office, but I was just wondering if the Texans ever said anything official.

Looking back at the very few words from O'Brien before the draft, you could surmise that they never intended to take a QB very high but always planned on getting one of them in later rounds.
Bridgewater's "best" trait, was his football intellect. Because he ran a "pro system" I don't think the Texans valued that as much as many fans did. Just because Bridgewater has a high football intellect does not mean that Bortles does not, or that Garoppolo does not. I was really impressed with Derek Carr's football IQ on Gruden's QB camp. Surprisd the heck out of me.

I would not be surprised if Carr was the Texans #1. He not only ran the offense, but called something like 40% of the plays (not counting audibles) & he's got a gun.

With Carr, Garrapolo, & Savage on the board, I wouldn't have taken a QB in the 2nd.

They didn't take one in the third after Carr & Garrapolo came off, so I assume they were also looking at Mettenberger, Fales, & Wenning