View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014   #261
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 4.135: Tom Savage QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I don't buy it for a minute. Bridgewater falls to 33 and he's a Texan. Also, if he's your #2, why wait till the tail end of round 4 to lock him up?
#2 on the QB board doesn't mean you've got a 2nd round grade on him. Or even a 3rd round grade on him.

Going into the second day of the draft, we had our pick of QBs and everyone expected us to go Carr or Garoppolo at 2-1. We didn't.

We easily could have traded up into the mid-20's and if we thought Bridgewater was any good, we would have. We wouldn't have waited.

I'm not saying that OB and Rick were right. I'm just saying that's what it looks like to me.

I think OB and Rick thought that they were the only ones who were interested in Savage, so they played chicken with him, delaying picking him up as long as they could. Rick has done this before with Duane Brown and with Ben Tate.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.