View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014   #140
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Keenum, is this another case of Chris Myers and KJax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
If anything, Keenum is the exact opposite of KJ and Myers. Their first few games with the Texans were nothing short of abysmal. But 8 games in they had made some strides that had people thinking they could develop into quality players.

Keenum came out with both guns blazing and wowed a lot of people and then had a dismal stretch where he threw for under 5 YPA and got benched twice. He was getting worse every game and making people think he can't handle the speed and complexity of the NFL.
That's my concern. The long sacks don't bother me outside of the flow of the game. They bothered me at the time, and I cussed him just like everyone else. But when you step back and think about it, that sort of thing stemmed from a bigger problem, and is completely correctable. The rest? Not so sure.