View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014   #132
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum, is this another case of Chris Myers and KJax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd have felt better about it had he learned it sometime during the 8 games he started.

To contrast, Andrew Luck was sacked 41 times for 246 yards. (6 yards/sack)

Henne, in his first 13 games (his sophomore season) was sacked 26 times for 176 yards. (2 yards/sack)

Nick Foles started 6 games as a rookie (drafted in the third) 20 sacks for 131 yards (6.55 yards/sack)

Undrafted Tony Romo started 10 games in his 4th season, 21 sacks 124 yards. (5.9 yards/sack)

Keenum, 19 for 201. (10 yards/sack).

I don't think I'm asking too much. I'm questioning the decisions this kid made & imo, this is an example of where he made the wrong decision time & time again. Red Flag... that's all I'm saying.

Again, I want the kid to succeed more than any QB on our roster at this time. The only thing that I argue is that he "deserves" a chance to prove that he can play better than he did last year. Yes, he was on a bad team last year. But that bad team had a bad QB, bad even for a rookie.
How many of those sacks were the results of Keenum's mistakes?

All sacks are not created equal.

Remember that Noles was one QB I said I like when a poster asked for my opinion in the college section.
I said he just needs to learn to get rid of the ball sooner, something he obviously worked on quite well.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote