View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Keenum, is this another case of Chris Myers and KJax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Also, the sacks. IIRC, of the 5 longest sacks taken last season, he had 3-4 of them including the 2 longest.
Those are frustrating plays, but they don't speak to his ability to play QB at all, IMO. A seasoned QB learns to go fetal when it's called for, while a young QB is more apt to try and extend the play. Add to that the pressure of getting what will likely be his only chance and he'd rather go down slinging it than playing it safe, I'd assume. Add to that the team's woes and I'm sure they all felt the need to try and do too much.

Of all the things to ding Keenum for, the long sacks are not too concerning, in my view.