View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014   #133
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
He'sslike Mariota the most.
As I mentioned last year, his stock was rising sharply the more the scouts and "semi" scouts learned more about him.
Granted, he plays in a spread system so we don't know for sure how he will perform under center; however, he possesses all the quality I'm looking for in a QB.
Whether one is a Bill Walsh fan (finesse) or a Jon Madden fan (power), one likes him the same.
Size, arm, feet/footwork, strength, mobility, quikness, release, football IQ, poise.
This guy seems to have eyes in the back of his head and out of his ears.
He always know where his receivers are.
He routinely looks off defenders (look one way, pass the other.)
To me, he's a Wilson in Luck's body.
He's on a different level than Hundley who's still raw in his progression.
Unless Mariota starts doing stupid things like Winston, I believe he (Mariota) will be the first pick next year, and I would hate to see the Titans draft him.
Just to piggyback off of this, here is a list of QBs for you guys to look out for next season. These are the guys that caught my eye this year. All will be eligible for the draft.

Kevin Hogan, Stanford - SR
Taylor Kelly, Arizona St - SR
Bryce Petty, Baylor - SR
Sean Mannion, Oregon St - SR
Devin Gardner, Michigan - SR
Shane Carden, ECU - SR
Jake Waters, Kansas St - SR

Marcus Mariota, Oregon - JR
Brett Hundley, UCLA - JR
Nate Sudfeld, Indiana - JR
Cody Kessler, USC - JR
Travis Wilson, Utah - JR