Thread: Rick v BoB
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014   #63
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick v BoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
And I remember when you used to be one of Kubiak's defenders. It was so cool to see you finally see the light. It was watching a kid grow up and discover the world. Lol.

I know what you mean about those "hold on" games. When Kubiak was coach, I used to always wait for the 4th quarter meltdown. You knew it was coming.

Right now I'm in "wait and see" mode with O'Brien, but, I like what I see so far. He got my attention when he rolled into Reliant and fired everybody and their mamma. Dude isn't playing around.
I remember the season where we won all those games and went undefeated for a while. Everyone thought Kubes was changed or whatever. He never fooled me. It was that game on Thanksgiving that gave me the worst feeling in my stomach where we almost lost to Jacksonville. We had a chance to win the game and Kubiak went for a safe running play instead of a pass to move the chains to get a TD to seal the game. He was afraid to run a real play when Schaub passed for over 500 yards and that kicker had been missing kicks. Kubiak wanted to trust the kicker again when he had already been off in that game. We missed the kick of course and ends dup winning due to Jacksonville choking it away as well, but both teams played like non winning teams. I created a thread that day and got bashed pretty hard as I knew I would. Wasn't a surprise at all to see the rest of the season go into the ****ter that year and then followed by a 2-14 season.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote