View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004   #42
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I normally don't post in these knee jerk threads for obvious reasons but I feel compelled to do so today for some strange reason.

If you paid attention last year, our defense was shattered with injuries. There were second and third string guys playing in place of the starters. When that happens, the coaches will make an effort to give them a spell...try to limit thier time on the field. This is where the consevative play comes in. Capers had the offense play conservatively to protect the extremely depth deprived defense.

Ball control keeps the defense off the field when properly executed.

AJ is right about the breakdowns. The Texans had a pretty balanced attack last year given the situation they were in. A lot of you guys only pay attention to the negatives. It isn't always the coach that is to blame. The coach doesn't execute the plays.

How come I don't hear a big uproar about the defense this week?

Probably because most of you realize that it was the lack of execution that created such a poor performance not bad game planning.