View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014   #8
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football's risks sink in, Even in Texas

People love to mention how "dangerous" football is. Honestly its safer than its ever been. What needs to happen is players need to train smarter and condition better. Coaches need to pay attention and trainers have to be held to a higher degree in order to ensure the safety of the athlete.

Screw the bull crap about heart. I had coaches who would ask a DB to tackle a NT carrying the ball and yell at the DB for not showing heart. If you know physics you know there is no chance in hell a 155-lb DB is going to take down a 320-lb NT (this was HS BTW).

Fact of the matter is that players have gotten bigger since most people played on this board and its up to parents, kids, and coaches to tell certain players that they are not in the physical condition yet to play (depending on the league, team, etc etc)

Make it like basketball where you can cut players if you have to. Most HS I assume have more than enough players trying out.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote