View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014   #117
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What grade would you give this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
To me it seems that before everyone had a board. Rick had his, Gary had his, and Wade had a 3rd board and they didn't interlace it into one cohesive board. This time it feels like they all had an agreement and stuck with it. Finally have one leader and not an offensive and defensive coordinator.
What's always killed me with previous drafts was that most of the guys that they drafted were guys that weren't on my radar. Like... at all.

And that was OK. I would take a look at each pick, study it a bit, and comprehend the logic for the most part and get behind the pick.

This draft felt very different, more like the JJ Watt draft, where they were drafting at least the positions I expected them to draft but this time, they were also drafting GUYS that were on my radar, on my radar even though I didn't think we'd get them.

I didn't expect Sua'Filo or Nix to make it out of the first round. So, for me, getting Clowney, Sua'Filo, and Nix makes it feel like I got 3 first round picks. Savage had me worried. I was afraid we'd pick him in the 2nd and I didn't want him in the 2nd. In the 4th? Yeah. I'm good with that. And Fiedorowicz was another guy that was on my radar but I didn't expect us to draft. I was aware of Pagan because I'd seen him on some of the mock drafts and I even think I picked him once in the Mock Simulator.

I had Andre Hal on my list of prospects for the TT Mock and if I'd had another later round pick, I might have selected him.

AND I DID pick Chris Boswell (who we got as a UDFA) for the Titans.

It may not matter and this draft may go down as the worst ever, but at this point, I feel great about it because I know these guys and they drafted the positions I'd hoped and expected they would
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote