View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014   #113
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What grade would you give this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
C.

Clowney ... okay, why did the 2nd coming of godzilla only have 3 ... (three) ... 3 ... (three) ... did I say "3" .... sacks last year? If he's truly that great even being double and triple teamed there should have been much more production there. Heck, for all his hype, he should've had 3 sacks in one half of at least ONE game!

I believe the 2 best picks are the UCLA guard and Nix is a good value at his place in the draft.

I have a question ... DID ANYONE TELL THE TEXANS WE NEED AN OT?????
We don't need tackle evidently; Quess will play RT and don't count out a healthy Newton.

Quote:
Kubiak said the Texans expected Quessenberry to be drafted shortly after Williams went in the third round. When he was still there in the sixth, general manager Rick Smith decided to trade up eight spots to get him.

Newton, a seventh-round pick from Arkansas State in 2011, started last season after playing sparingly as a rookie. The Texans also finished 2012 with two rookies rotating at right guard in Ben Jones and Brandon Brooks.

“We played rookies on the right side the majority of the year,” Kubiak said. “That was a big growing situation for us as a football team. I thought Newt did some really good things; he’s gonna be a fine player. Unfortunately gets hurt late in the season and played hurt for us; giving him a lot of credit for that. We gotta get him back. It’s gonna be training camp before he’s healthy.

“The biggest thing you can do when you’ve got young players is give them reps. If they prove they can go in there and do it right off the get-go, that makes us a better team, so we’ll see.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...8-e0579694d0db