View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014   #33
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 87806 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hello from across the pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstain View Post
Never going to happen for me !!

Been watching Houston since early 80's and my fist live game will only ever be Houston.
For me it would be like cheating on my wife.

Even if London acquired its own team in the NFL I would never support it.
That is what NFL suits don't understand us UK fans are loyal to our teams.

As soon as I get a spare 2,000 I will be over to watch a game and put on 20lbs eating at the tailgate.
I understand loyalty. Being from San Antonio originally, my first team is the Spurs, and our fan base has an unofficial link up with Tottenham. I really wanted to root for them, but I live in Cobham where Chelsea has their training grounds. Several players live around me and their kids go to the American school with my daughter. And her BFF's dad works for ManU. I'm going to stick with rugby!

I'm only here on assignment for a few years, and I really regret not seeing any of the games here last season. I've been to my fair share of Texans games before moving here last year, but I jumped at the chance to be able to see the Cowboys.

I root for my teams first (Texans, Spurs, Longhorns) and then any other team from Texas. Especially since they are playing a division rival in the Jags, who the NFL is trying to make the hometown team for London. The "Union Jax" fan club is *really* annoying!
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote