View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grade the Draft - AFC South

I'm trying as much as I can to take bias out of it, but to me the texans had far and away the best draft in the AFC south.

indy had a poor draft. swing tackle, a 3rd at best receiver, and a backup linebacker.
D-

tennessee is getting a boost from some because of a 6th round quarterback, think on that. der burger has zero impact on my rating. the titans did continue their philosophy by doing what the former hall of fame offensive linemen turned coaches failed to do - build a run game. they picked up a solid tackle which increases their grade. using a second on a runningback doesnt help their score for me, but good depth up the middle on defense is a plus.
B-

jacksonville went boom or bust. what happens when teams swing for the fences? they strike out. the jags took that chance though and got several talented players early and made some good value picks later. gus bradley may know exactly what he's doing, and it's hard for me to disagree with his direction. i cant even guess what their grade is because this draft could go in any of several directions.
A ... F ... ?

the texans had a leg up by having the first picks. the texans won this draft on three fronts. they took the best player at no less than 5 positions. best overall player, guard, tightend, nose guard, and fullback. the other is that outside of clowney's worry, they took fighters - it's hard to go wrong when you combine great talent and monstrous work ethic. the third is they executed the philosophy without compromising value or talent - bigger, stronger, more physical. the texans very possibly change the dynamic of their entire roster in one draft. with incumbents like watt, brown, swearinger, brooks, cushing, and others known for knockouts - the texans look to have succeeded in drafting towards a culture.
A