View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014   #106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What grade would you give this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I somewhat agree with him , for me the grade on this draft is based off of the top 4 players taken .... the rest don't appear to be special. Don't take that to mean I think they were bad choices or poor players. Its no lock that any of them make the final 53.

Clowney A
Su'a-Filo A
Fiedorowicz C (like the player , not the choice)
Nix A

After that , I wasn't particularly thrilled with any choice. They do appear at first glance to be average to ordinary.

None of those guys from Savage on down blows you away.
I can see where you're coming from. But I give Fiedo a higher grade than C... I wasn't in love with any TE in this draft, because the only ones they talked about were in the OD/GG mold & I wanted Gronk mold.

Of course I listen to you guys & the main stream media, so... I googled the crap out of him when we selected him & he's exactly what I wanted.

Nix... I think an athletic 330 lb man is more rare than a franchise QB. I'd be surprised if he weighs in at 330 or less when he reports to camp, or that he's got the want to & athletic ability to be the guy "we" want him to be. Which is why if we're going to go after a big boy such as this I'd rather do it much later in the draft, or some obscure FA trying to get a second chance. I think we may have wasted this pick all together.

Savage... we're just QB hungry & short of Logan Thomas in the 2nd I don't think RickyBobby could have screwed this up. All they had to do was resist the urge to reach. So regardless what we think about the player, I give them an A+ for not screwing it up.

Someone mentioned earlier that the goal should be 4 starters. I think that's extremely optimistic, especially if we're talking day 1. I think we got three day 1 starters & a couple of guys who may turn into starters by 2015.

I don't know if that's an A, A+, or a B- but I'm happier about this draft than I've been in a while & it seems I'm not alone.