View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grade the Draft - AFC South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I like the Texans draft the best. It should be the best, they picked first and had the most selections. Besides getting the premier talent in the draft, I think they made a statement about who they wanted to become. I think all of the draftees reflect a desire to become a more physical and tougher football team. That may be just as important as whether they found the next Lawrence Taylor or a franchise QB.

Next, I would take the Jags draft. They took a swing at a franchise QB, their biggest need. And they surrounded him with weapons. In the late rounds they found defenders that fit their scheme. Props to them for having one of the better drafts.

I thought the Titans did pretty well. Anytime you get a LT is a plus. And with Clowney in the division, that will be a necessity. The rest look like solid contributors. I doubt Mettenberger is the answer at QB, but he could easily become a legit backup.

The Colts were hamstrung without a 1st round pick. I don't see a lot of immediate help, but they probably found quality depth. Considering the lack of picks and their draft position, this draft was passable.
I agree with this; except that Levan was manhandled by Clowney and had to resort to all kinds of antics to try to keep up.
I don't forsee any deviation from that course.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote