View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014   #89
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127251 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What grade would you give this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Sure , I agree completely .... just that those guys taken from 4:35 on down may not make the final 53 , they were average to ordinary players (in terms of NFL talent) and that's why they were available at those spots.

Like I said , I give them a pass on the QB spot .... no reason to reach for a player who you don't believe in. They resisted that temptation .... In this pass happy league of instant results , that's tough to do.
If Savage turns out to be a starter , great. If not , they can find their QB of the future at a later date ... no issue with this at all. He was a gamble worth taking .... full box of tools.

That's a good question & he does have a lot of wear & tear on his body .... not to mention coming off of surgery.

I think they could surprise some people. This defense looks like it's going to be very good.
Its not out of the realm of possibility that they make the playoffs right out of the gate with a journeyman QB at the helm.
The schedule is favorable , two other teams in their division have questions under center.
Win those 4 games and you are half way to 8-8 with a last place schedule while last years playoff contenders will face opposition that finished with better records last season outside of those games decided by divisional rotation.

I can see them finishing ~9-7 if they get some breaks along the way.
I completely missed that you said you give them a pass on the QB spot.

Sorry about that, I need to read slower.