View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014   #3
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85187 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grade the Draft - AFC South

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Jacksonville Jaguars
1 (#3) QB - Blake Bortles, UCF
2 (#39) WR - Marqise Lee, USC
2 (#61) WR - Allen Robinson, Penn State
3 (#93) OG - Brandon Linder, Miami (FL.)
4 (#114) CB - Aaron Colvin, Oklahoma
5 (#144) OLB - Tevin Smith, Florida State
5 (#159) DE - Chris Smith, Arkansas
6 (#205) C/G - Luke Bowanko, Virginia
7 (#222) RB - Storm Johnson, UCF
Grade: A

Best Pick: Chris Smith

I love what they did. Was shocked when they took Bortles because I expected Watkins or Mack, but they made it work by adding great WR prospects in Lee and Robinson. It was especially needed with the news that Justin Blackmon probably won't play this year. Lee will likely start for them across from Cecil Shorts and Robinson adds a big WR to rotate in.

Hated the Linder pick, their only pick that I didn't like. I had him as a 6th round talent. I think they panicked when that run on OG's happened right in front of them and reached. Colvin was a great pick. Needs a redshirt year, but he'll likely be their #1 CB in a few years. Love both Smith picks. Telvin will contribute on special teams and has an outside shot at the WLB job. Chris is a perfect system fit and the future starter as their LEO pass rusher. Can't believe he fell that far, I had 2nd-3rd round grade on him. Good late picks with Bowanko and Johnson to add depth to interior line and RB.

Again, I really like what they did. They brought in a possible franchise QB, gave him two great weapons, added some very good pieces on defense, and shored up a few depth areas. Their draft is on par with the Texans. They killed it.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote