View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014   #86
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What grade would you give this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I somewhat agree with him , for me the grade on this draft is based off of the top 4 players taken .... the rest don't appear to be special. Don't take that to mean I think they were bad choices or poor players. Its no lock that any of them make the final 53.

Clowney A
Su'a-Filo A
Fiedorowicz C (like the player , not the choice)
Nix A

After that , I wasn't particularly thrilled with any choice. They do appear at first glance to be average to ordinary.

Savage - Incomplete Has a full box of tools , lots of potential, more likely a wasted pick. Hard for me to believe that a late 4th round pick is going to be a starting QB in the NFL. (yeah I know there are exceptions).

Jeffrey Pagan C , Definite need pick with only Watt & Crick on the roster at DE. I probably would have taken a DE (or OT) in place of Savage. Should be in the rotation at DE.

Alfred Blue C , Another need pick. Average talent , backup in college.

Jay Prosch B , Best player at his position in the draft. Hard to complain about. Not a sexy pick but a good one even if the position is devalued.

Andre Hall B , Cant knock picking a CB here. Special teams player , that unit really needs improvement.

Lonnie Ballentine B , Athletic safety high reward low risk.

None of those guys from Savage on down blows you away. They did what they were suppose to do , filled needs with guys who they believe fit the systems they will implement.
Prosch will likely be the day one starter at FB , Pagan should be in the DE rotation , Blue will be a backup unless Foster implodes, Hall & Ballentine may make the roster , may not probably depends upon their performance on ST.

They went into the draft with one BIG need and likely didn't fill it (Hope I'm wrong). I give them a pass tho because they got three guy's in Clowney , Nix and Su'a-Filo with first round talent & the QB's don't appear to be franchise types , taking any one of them would likely have been a reach.

Now I hope they read this and set out to prove me wrong ....
They are building this team like I like football teams - Big, Strong, Tough!

I love what they were able to do in a single draft.

And I don't agree about not filling the biggest hole (QB), I would rather they wait and try to find the QB through another avenue than to waste a pick on anyone they aren't sold with.

I don't think any of the QB's in this draft excited O'Brien.

The position I'm looking at is running back. Can Foster fit in this style (grind it out) Offense?