View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014   #79
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What grade would you give this draft?

1) Clowney - A+

Best player in the draft. Helps Watt and helps the defense as a whole. No overthinking here.

2) Su'a-Filo - A+

We had a need at Guard and got potentially the best one in the draft. Great at pulling and loves finishing blocks from what tape I've seen. Love it; we could potentially have a really great line once everyone develops in Brown/Su'a-Filo/Myers/Brooks/Quessenberry.

3a) Fiedorowicz - A

Would've really liked to have Garoppolo here, but the best blocking TE in the draft with similar measureables to guys like Gronkowski and Sefarian-Jenkins who doubles as a red-zone threat? Love it.

3b) Nix - A+(++++)

An awesome player and even more awesome person, and in the middle of the third? Amazing value; even if Nix isn't used as a DT in 4-man fronts, he is PERFECT for this defense and should keep guys like Cush (and Reed, presumably) clean. Defense can't double him AND Watt AND Clowney and expect to get away with it.

4) Savage - B+

Would've preferred Garoppolo here, as I mentioned, but I was higher on Savage than most and getting him in the bottom of the 4th is good value. Let him sit for the season and see how things shake out draft-wise in 2015 (and because Savage is a late-4th pick, we aren't chained to him if a guy like Hundley or Mariota somehow fall to us). Good pick.

6a) Pagan - B+

Good scheme fit with lots of athletic potential; should be great DE depth if nothing else. My sole knock is his lack of playing time at Alabama, though that also means he's not riddled with injuries due to Saban's coaching.

6b) Blue - B+

Bluuuuuuuuuuuue! Feels like he's the heir apparent to Brown (and potentially Foster). Big back with good speed and a threat in the red zone; decent hands, too. Relatively low lack of carries means he's still got a lot of tread left.

6c) Prosch - A+

Best blocking fullback in the draft; he can run a 4.7 and can power clean 400lbs. In addition, he has decent hands an is a threat to catch. Love the pick.

7a) Hal - A+

I'm a believer in Brett Kollmann, and Brett loves this guy. For a 7th round pick, I love it.

7b) Ballentine - A

Raw player with great tools; he should contribute early and often on special teams, and if he improves technique-wise he should make a great Free Safety.

Overall, I give the draft an A. Who knows how some of these picks will look in retrospect, but it's difficult not to feel great about it now. We potentially have 4 starters alone from this draft.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote