View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014   #77
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What grade would you give this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
1.1 Clowney - ?
At this point hard to say, is he Willie McGinest or is he Aundray Bruce. 3 Sacks and to many accusations he's LAZY suggest Bruce. It was the safe, conventional, inside the box pick.

2.1 Xavier Sua-Filo G - B
A good pick that doesn't make sense. Texan Redundancy, recent drafts = Williams, Quessenberry, Brooks, Jones w/ White and Kuper on the roster.

3.1 C.J. Fiedorowicz TE - A
Maybe the best blocking TE in the draft. Replaces Dreessen, Texans best year running the ball was when Joel was here.

3.19 Louis Nix NT - C
At one point Nix was consensus top 15 pick. He dropped badly, every team seemed to know why but Texans. Shades of Williams and Montgomery. Not a fan of trading away #101 and #141 for someone who will only play 20%-30% of the defensive snaps. Played like a 4th-5th rd pick in 2013.

4.35 Tom Savage QB - D
Two time transfer, that indicates mental makeup likely "me" and "I" instead of team. Makes as many bad decisions as good decisions. 2 time transfer says he wasn't good enough to be #1 QB for two teams.

Rounds 6-7 = C

Prior to the draft I didn't think it possible that the Texans with the first pick in every round could possibly have an average and ordinary draft.
Average and ordinary! Lol

I knew I could count on you!