Join Date: May 2004
Re: What grade would you give this draft?
Originally Posted by Wolf6151
1. Clowney, an expected pick and best player in the draft. A
2. Su'a Filo, surprising but we got the best OG in the draft. A+
3. Fiedorowicz, good player but there was better talent available at positions of need. The player is a B, the pick is a head scratcher. C-
3b. Nix, best NT in the draft and if he stays healthy this pick is a conditional A+
4. Savage, he's got potential, I give the pick a B.
6. Pagan, he's a rotational body with decent size and there was better talent still available. C+
6b. Blue, head scratcher when you consider that Lache Seastrunk was still available. F
6c. Prosch, This pick makes no sense, haven't we already taken 2 FB's in the last 2 yrs., now we've got 3. In a very deep draft it's a wasted pick. F
7. Hal, grade based on potential alone, there were better prospects still available. C
7b. Ballentine, size and speed is what you look for in the 7th. B+
It seems that O'Brien was in charge of the first 4 rounds and that he then turned it over to Rick Smith who had no clue who any of these players were. Smith continues to treat the late rounds of the draft like they don't matter, and in possibly the deepest draft ever that's inexcuseable. Taking Blue in the 6th when Lache Seastrunk was available to you makes no sense what so ever, an injured rotational backup over one of the best RB prospects available? The first 5 picks are an A-, the last 5 picks are a C-/D+ I average it out to a B-
similar feelings so I can relate to this being avid mock draft guy myself but it's a given Texans have far reaching resources beyond our means as well as private information, medical/background. The 3rd day no doubt are coaching inspired picks presented by Texans scouting department to fill priority needs on this roster. much rep to you for telling your side of story
2012 Draft was Mercilus