View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014   #69
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What grade would you give this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
1.1 Clowney - ?
At this point hard to say, is he Willie McGinest or is he Aundray Bruce. 3 Sacks and to many accusations he's LAZY suggest Bruce. It was the safe, conventional, inside the box pick.

2.1 Xavier Sua-Filo G - B
A good pick that doesn't make sense. Texan Redundancy, recent drafts = Williams, Quessenberry, Brooks, Jones w/ White and Kuper on the roster.

3.1 C.J. Fiedorowicz TE - A
Maybe the best blocking TE in the draft. Replaces Dreessen, Texans best year running the ball was when Joel was here.

3.19 Louis Nix NT - C
At one point Nix was consensus top 15 pick. He dropped badly, every team seemed to know why but Texans. Shades of Williams and Montgomery. Not a fan of trading away #101 and #141 for someone who will only play 20%-30% of the defensive snaps. Played like a 4th-5th rd pick in 2013.

4.35 Tom Savage QB - D
Two time transfer, that indicates mental makeup likely "me" and "I" instead of team. Makes as many bad decisions as good decisions. 2 time transfer says he wasn't good enough to be #1 QB for two teams.

Rounds 6-7 = C

Prior to the draft I didn't think it possible that the Texans with the first pick in every round could possibly have an average and ordinary draft.
He left Rutgers after he had a good year and the coach told him he'd still have to compete for his job, he left Arizona because he said due to scheme fit, or Imo he was intimidated by Foles
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote