View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014   #63
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What grade would you give this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
You make a good point on the 4 guys being Kubiak guys, but I'd think that 4 guys at 1 position in 2 yrs. one of them should be able to stick. I also think that there were more important positions like ILB, OLB, and OT to fill.
I was also rooting for an ILB and we ended up getting one as a UDFA that I was hoping we'd draft. So I'm not worried about that and I think that resolves two positions.

We can't solve every problem in one draft and we don't really know how RAC and OB see our current players fitting into what they want to do. When it comes to the OL, I think OB sees it as:

Brown - XSF - Myers - Brooks - Q

I think that's a pretty good young line.

The linebacker situation has me guessing, to be honest. We're thin there and RAC doesn't seem to be too concerned about it. So I'm interested in seeing how they go on that front. Right now, I'm seeing it as:

Reed - Cush - Bullough - Clowney

But that's because I had expected Bullough to be drafted. It's really too much to expect a 6th, 7th, or UDFA rookie to come in and start. It could be:

Mercilus - Cush - Reed - Clowney

That combination worries me unless we're going back to playing Wade Phillips' 5-2.

Getting the best FB in the draft... I'm not considering that a bad thing. Especially with the way OB seems to be setting up our offense as more of a pound the ball, throw vertical sort of thing.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote