View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jay Prosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I like the player, as a FB he's very good at what he does and should be very good in the NFL. I dislike the pick though since we've had 4 FB's in the last 2 yrs. (Jason Ford, Zach Boren, Greg Jones, and Brad Smelley). We've got a revolving turnstile at FB, you'd think we could get 1 guy to stick. Also there was much better talent on the board at more important positions of need.
How many of those guys did we draft? 0.

How many of those guys are even still on the roster? 1.

Did we have a regime change? Yes.

I don't see what the problem is.

We used a late round pick on a very good fullback who will probably come in and become our full-time FB.

When it comes to positions of need, you're really asking a lot of a late round pick to expect that person to come in and start. These guys we thought were so talented and such great players have probably dropped this far in the draft because they don't fit our schemes or because they're not as talented as we thought they were or both.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote