View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jay Prosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I like ground and pound
Zone running schemes are much less effective as the NFL has transitioned into more 3-4 defenses and also due to rule changes that limit when and where cut blocks can be used. I also think a power running system is a better fit to allow for pre-snap audibles, to create personnel issues with substitution packages, and to create big play abilities in the play-action passing game. I know play-action is a huge part of the ZBS, but it was a staple of the offense (therefore a focus of the defense)... Also, with all the boot action, it allowed the secondary to eliminate huge chunks of the field. Effective power running will cause safeties to react downhill to play action even if they are not assigned to the box... creating over the top opportunities from one sideline to the other.

All that is to say that I doubt the plan is a conservative one- just a physical one.