Thread: Bang the table
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014   #57
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bang the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I haven't invested much study time into this draft class, so I'm largely just along for the ride at this point. However, one thing encouraging is this:

Based on the Top 100 list produced by SBNation, there are still 10 legitimate 3-4 DL available; 3 TEs from the Top 50 available; and a lot of RTs/OGs... That's only one list and does not indicate how much better Nix may be than Jernigan or Ferguson, for instance. But, it does seem to create a lot of flexibility and potential to gain value with some trade downs and also draft needs without reaching.
it's a great opportunity to secure another elite starter with elite physical tools in the trenches. Toughness inside has always been a problem here...so that's why I'm all excited about where we sit this morning. I'd be super pumped if we went in the direction I think we are finally heading with either one of the guys I identify or a similar prospect as you have stated. I'd rather see us build a solid team and let a QB come to us and not rush to square peg our round hole there. I don't want to see us panic by reaching for a QB...build a rock solid team up the middle and let BoB work his magic with a guy we haven't overreached for until we identify a long term solution at qb.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote