View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014   #2732
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
I just don't understand the logic everyone is saying by downplaying Manziel/TB/Bortles.
To be fair, I never liked any of those guys in the first, said as much, so I'm not downplaying any of those guys. We're going to play Bortles twice. I honestly believe that's going to work in our favor. He will not ever make the pro-bowl & the Jags won't win a play-off game for the next five years. Yes, in my mind, that's what Bortles means for the Jags.

Just because you draft a QB in the first round does not mean you're going to start winning.

I guarantee you Bridgewater will not beat out Matt Cassel in Minnesota.

Quote:
Sure we can stock up on more defensive picks, that has worked for us in the past right?. Lets get a late round QB since Kaepernick and Wilson are having so much success right?, seems like only those two names keep appearing when referencing Successful late round QBs.
There isn't a QB in this draft that's anywhere near the prospect that Kaepernick or Wilson were. Even if there were, I doubt you'd be able to see them as you most likely didn't see them in 2011 & 2012 respectively.

Quote:
Im tired of the same thing over and over again. I cant look forward to the later part of the draft because to be honest, without using Google, I cant name any legit starters we have drafted past the third round in the past three years.
& there's the problem right there. We haven't been very good at developing 3rd round or later prospects. Hopefully this new staff is better at communicating what they want in a prospect than the last regime was. Hopefully some of those later picks that did not fit with the old regime; Brandon Harris, Quessenberry at OT, Ben Jones... hopefully they'll fit with what this regime wants to do.