View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014   #575
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3509 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Epitomy of the loser mentality that has permeated this franchise since its inception.

No need to win now, let's just keep sucking forever and getting great prospects with our high draft picks. Just keep drafting BPA and eventually we'll be a winner, right?

You can't build through the draft if you ignore the most important player on the team. We won't win 8 games with Fitz and Case. I'm not willing to wait until 2015 when you think we'll "stalk a QB."

Sometimes you have to take a risk. A late 1st rounder on a potential franchise QB is not that big of a gamble. Instead we've essentially locked ourselves into trotting out a journeyman QB for an entire year. No potential upside in Fitz or Keenum. We've seen them. They're terrible
Exactly. I'm not a fan of Teddy to be honest with you, but I mean hell, the Vikings are a team with arguably more holes than the Texans and have a new coach as well. They aren't drafting scared and sitting pat. What angers me is the sheer fact that the Texans seemingly aren't trying here. The Vikings and Browns are making the effort to win now despite being a worse team. It's frustrating.

I'd be happy with Teddy at 1.28 ish because at least that shows me the Texans are not scared. They are.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote