View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014   #6
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just got some disturbing news about A Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
A reliable friend just told me A Johnson is considering retiring. Says he just don't have it anymore. I hope this isn't true.
Before you get brutally attacked by the board, let me defend you...

I believe you... I'm not predicting it will happen, but I do believe he's considering it. His body has taken one heck of a beating, and it has lost a lot of the explosiveness. I would imagine that the idea of a rebuild and on the heels of such an awful season is disheartening for him, particularly if his body is slow to recover from the season.