Thread: Babin.......
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391219 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19
OT's are getting bigger - much bigger - 6'-6", 6'-7", 320 lbs, 330 lbs and with humongous wingspans. And they're not slow and fat - they have quick feet and agility.

I see a developing mismatch with the 3-4 OLB; typically 6'-3" or 6'-4" and 260 lbs. They're giving up 3" in height and 60 lbs. and I'm not sure speed can fully compensate for this.
While that facially has some logic, I am not sure it bears up to actual play experience. Look at some of the top DE's at getting to the QB:

Ogunleye 260 lbs
Jason Taylor 255 lbs
Leonard Little 261 lbs
Aaron Schobel 262 lbs
Gbaja-Biamila 252 lbs
Lance Johnstone 250 lbs
Kearse 265 lbs