View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014   #111
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Richard Sherman's Big Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep. Two more years, and is there an option for a 5th year for a 3rd round pick? I'm not knee deep in contract stuff, so just curious and kinda' assumed there would be that option.

And I agree with your second paragraph, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if they return to the championship game this year or next. They've truly built a great team that works together as a team. They've got something special going on up there, especially with regards to great talent and the chemistry between them.

The next contract for Wilson should be very interesting. Obvious the guy will want to be paid, but he's not considered elite, and he really appears to be the kind of player that will want to stay in Seattle. A so-called 'hometown discount' would not surprise me to keep the nucleus of the team intact.
I'm with you on not being a contract geek - I'm just using the 3 liner reports for his contract. I presume there would be a desire to get him locked down by Seattle by that point anyway, as we've both mentioned, so it likely wouldn't come to that.

Re: your second paragraph, the only one person who I think could be taken out of the mix in Seattle which would derail their season is Pete Carroll. He has a bunch of grown men playing with the passion and fun that you see from college guys. A know a lot of guys aren't supporters of his - however I really think the reaction from the players there to his style of coaching has been superb.

I can totally see him taking a hometown discount - however the only issue might arise if there is a team who is desperate to get a mobile style QB. I think Russell will happily take 2-3 million less to stay in Seattle - however if there is a team offering a Brady scale contract, there is no way he'd be able to turn that down (and IMO, no way that Seattle would/could match).