View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014   #110
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Richard Sherman's Big Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
There are 2 more years for his rookie deal which expires on May 7th 2016 (on a $2.99 contract). I think they'll likely try and get something done next offseason with Russ. Obviously at the moment he will be more valued, coming off a Superbowl win. If they bring it home again next season, they could be in for an awkward negotiation.

That said, Wilson is far from the most unreplacable QB in the NFL. They play a system in Seattle, and Wilson fits it perfectly, however really isn't asked to do a whole lot - but makes big plays when needed. That is why I think Seattle has the best chance of a repeat championship - they are the most complete team in the league, from their secondary, to their O-line there are no gaps in that team - which has a low amount of overpaid prima donnas.
yep. Two more years, and is there an option for a 5th year for a 3rd round pick? I'm not knee deep in contract stuff, so just curious and kinda' assumed there would be that option.

And I agree with your second paragraph, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if they return to the championship game this year or next. They've truly built a great team that works together as a team. They've got something special going on up there, especially with regards to great talent and the chemistry between them.

The next contract for Wilson should be very interesting. Obvious the guy will want to be paid, but he's not considered elite, and he really appears to be the kind of player that will want to stay in Seattle. A so-called 'hometown discount' would not surprise me to keep the nucleus of the team intact.