View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Draft Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Most years (couldn't do it last year), I put together a large spreadsheet to help me keep track of all the players during the draft. I pull the info from 6 public sites and basically rank the players by the average from those 6 sites. In the past, some other people have enjoyed having this, also.
Uh... wow, thanks.

Very interesting.

I like how some of these sites grades as As, or 5s
NationalFootballPost Round
Scout Stars

Then some give grades
NationalFootballPost Grade
NFL.com Grade

Looking at those, I think, gives you a clearer picture of how it's as much about personal preference once you get to a certain level. These QBs for instance, several of them get the same grade, which is more likely the case. One team will weigh certain things higher than another team so one team might have Bortles as the best QB in this draft & another might have Manziel.

I don't like how some of these sites rank them. It makes joe blow think that so&so is the best QB & has been the best QB since they stopped playing football & yada, yada, yada... as if Mike Mayock ever drafted a QB to play for an NFL team.

In a draft like this, you should expect a QB with a first round grade to drop out of the first, maybe even to the third through no fault of his own, & that's true value. His chances of being a successful NFL QB is no less after falling to the 2nd or 3rd.

If I were a Teddybot, nothing could make me happier than knowing the Texans won't draft a QB with the #1 overall & my guy is falling into the second.

If he is who we think he is, it's going to show. Falling may even provide the motivation to be even better than he would have been.