View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014   #366
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft chatter/rumors/news

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Doesn't matter what we get out of it. If we don't want Clowney and Atlanta does, anything we get for moving down to #2 is a bonus.
I mostly agree with this, but don't want to see the team get punked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
so we basically let atlanta out negotiate us.
Since there's not a prospect that jumps out with that WOW factor, and it's a very deep draft, it's going to be a buyer's market and Smith will have to adjust his asking price accordingly. I would be very happy swapping 2014 1st's, 2014 3rd and 4th, 2015 1st in a trade with Atlanta. It would be pretty much a sliding scale, as usual, though. The further down, the higher the price.

Short of being punked and swapping picks for a single extra pick and some cash, Smith can really only out negotiate himself. Unless the team is just dead set on 1-3 particular players. Hopefully, Smith mocked a trade with all 31 teams in the first. I'd be cool with dropping to 31 and getting a buttload of future picks.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote