View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2014 off-season schedule

O'Brien had his first instances of mocking the media today:

Whoa, look at that shirt! Did it come with a dimmer? ...

Lobbying[for drack picks]? What is this, Washington D.C.?

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Quote:
"Louder" "More energy." "Faster going from drill to drill." /Common comments from #Texans players

RB Arian Foster declined to talk today (nicely), LT Duane Brown said he looked good, great having him out there. /Looked fine to me.

Players declining to talk scheme specific stuff but describe things as "exciting," "detailed." LT Duane Brown is at 320, "feels great."

JJ Watt asked about contract, said, "I'm here to work." Nothing more really, just straightforward JJ talk.

If you have any questions about specific #Texans things today, I'll answer them if there's an answer. / Few answers to most things now.

Player went indoor bubble post practice for cooldown/stretch. Media waiting to talk to them outside. /Different than past. Stretched on field

Sizewise, no players stood out as looking significantly thinner/bigger to me. Official #Texans weights not on media sheet roster

I think Vrabel needs a jersey. /still in good shape //Linebacker group thin

Minor press differences for #Texans. Heard after veteran minicamp, OB won't talk to media immediately after practice. Players 1st then, OB indoors

Texans veteran camp notes: O'Brien seems more hands on w/ coaching. Loud music instead of manufactured noise. Foster was out there.
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Andre Johnson wasn't at minicamp today. O'Brien emphasizes it's voluntary, says "we just coach who shows up." #Texans
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
Bill O'Brien says it's importan to get on the field first w/veterans...

"When the rookies get here they just get in line, keep their mouths shut, and follow the lead"
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
Quote:
"It's a great week for us. I've really enjoyed being a part of the draft process with Rick & his crew." -O'Brien #Texans

O'Brien on new year: "These guys are professional football players. We told them from day 1 that everything's different." #Texans

"I enjoy the group of guys. They come to work everyday, good camaraderie in the building." Coach O'Brien #Texans
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
I asked OB if it was nice to get away from the draft for a few hours. He said no, it's all about budgeting his time. #Texans

Bill O'Brian seemed pleased with the way the team's first day at voluntary minicamp. Said things went smoothly. #Texans
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Quote:
Depending who the #Texans add at RB in the draft, the battle between Dennis Johnson vs Ray Graham will be fun to watch. Grimes added bulk.

DJ Swearinger looked more natural today in coverage. Like his college version. Eddie Pleasant is still a guy to watch. #Texans

Loved Kendrick Lewis ball skills and vert. Got a lot of "Atta boy K Lew" today.

Alex Lemon has truly grown as a pro. He may not make the #Texans squad, but he'll be someone's possession WR. Great hands, crisp routes

Trevardo Williams looked to have 1 percent body fat. His physique is rare. I just want to see him fight someone, now. #Texans
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
"From drill to drill and the guys understanding the tempo of things, for a first day I think we got off to a good start." #Texans Bill O'Brien

Last edited by Playoffs; 05-06-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote