Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014   #1229
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
My thought process is if you have a guy who is often compared to Montana, Brady, Roethlisberger and Luck in his mental makeup, size, arm and running ability and has been able to do what Bortles has done in college in only 2 years, you got to take that chance. If he does turnout to be a composition of Montana, Brady, Roethlisberger and Luck and you pass on him it will be the biggest blunder in franchise history. Even worse is if Jacksonville drafts Bortles and he is the 2nd coming of Roethlisberger and Luck, what a headache for the Texans facing that and Andrew Luck 4 times a year. GOOD GRIEF!!!!
Yeah, but the same could be said about Manziel and Bridgewater. Manziel could be a whole new kind of star that wins several MVPs in a row - Bridgewater could have Mannings football IQ, decision making and accuracy inside 20 yards. Right now we don`t know if any of these QBs turn out good. The question is: who do you wanna take a chance on, and at what draft position are you comfortable with that.

Since several mock drafts have both Bridgewater and Manziel dropping (others have Bortles dropping), I guess IŽd take bpa with #1 (Clowney or Robinson for me) and trade back up to get, whoever is left on the board late in the first. But my favorite guy out of the 3 is Bridgewater.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote