Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014   #1223
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

I agree, he is intruiging. Like I said, he has all the tools and prototypical size. He is tough to bring down, he is a good runner, he has a good arm, he can evade pressure and he plays best when the game is on the line. I think every QB coach would like to work with a guy like that, because they are probably sure, that they can turn him into a star. He has that potential.

But he has a huge bust potential as well. No, Manning doesn´t do the kind of mistakes Bortles does in this game (not that Bortles has to be on Mannings level yet). Some throws were really bad decisions, other throws were really inaccurate (and I am not talking about long balls). Those things are coachable - but those are things that have to improve for him to have any kind of career. The way he played in that game, he would`ve been killed in the NFL.

Like I said, Bortles should sit his first year - he just still has a lot to learn. Boom or bust player.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote