Thread: McClain rumor
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014   #57
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McClain rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
McClain was just on saying it's Clowney if they stay at #1:

But he thinks they trade out of it.

Had a great quip about Manziel... said "all of Europe" wants the Jaguars to draft JFF because they play in London and everyone over there loves Johnny Football. His jersey sales will be historic.
All of europe? I think 99% of europe has never heard of JFF. American Football is still a nyche here, NFL Europe didn`t really work out. I know the London games are pretty successful, but IŽd say that for one, the NFL is most popular in the UK as far as europe is concerned and I think that just all people that always wanted to see a game life try to do it there. Oh and, while the NFL is a nyche, college football is only something for "freaks" over here.

I think what he is saying is pretty clear, at least after McNairs comments. Clowney is the best player, if they stay put they`ll take him - but if they get any trade offer that is at least a bit appealing, they`ll trade out, because they`d greatly prefer to take a QB (which they can`t justify with the #1 pick).

IŽd be ecstatic with a trade down - and IŽd hope we`d still get Robinson, Manziel or Mack - Matthews would be fine too. I am still not in the Bortles camp. IŽd be thrilled if we got Bridgewater with our second pick...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote