View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014   #30
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 3 Amigos' Mock Draft

First of, huge props to the Three Amigos! It is a tough task to put together something like this, so very impressive job overall!

Round 1, Pick 1: Auburn OT Greg Robinson, 65 332 lbs

If I was going to go with OL, I would go with Jake Matthews over Greg Robinson. Matthews did an amazing job at LT playing in front of Johnny Manziel who was all over the place. In the A&M pass happy offense, Matthews showed his ability to take on rushers. The problem with Robinson is that Aurburn is an extreme run team and as such did not feature as much of a passing game. All of Robinson's stuff is projected based on athleticism. In addition, Matthews, like his father, had success all across the OL. He can play any of the 5 positions and could play them well. For versatility and experience, I would take Matthews. Robinson is not a bad choice, but from the standpoint of safety, Matthews is the safest pick in this draft rather than Robinson.

Round 2, Pick 33: Washington State S Deone Bucannon, 61 211 lbs

I see him more as a SS than FS. If Saftey was taken here, I'd prefer more of a true FS like Jimmie Ward or Dion Bailey.

Round 3, Pick 65: Alabama QB AJ McCarron 6'3" 220 lbs

REALLY don't care for McCarron. Would much rather go with Aaron Murray at this point in the draft.

Round 4, Pick 101: Iowa TE CJ Fiedorowicz, 66 265 lbs

Great selection! Tough kid. Has pass catching abilities and can make some blocks. In the style of the bigger, stronger, Gronk type of TEs.

Round 4, Pick 135: Duke CB, Ross Cockrell, 6 191 lbs

In a pass happy league you can never go wrong with more CBS. CBs can be converted into Safties or play on STs.

Round 5, Pick 141: UCONN ILB Yawin Smallwood, 6'2" 246 lbs

Outstanding selection. Not sure he lasts this long, but if he does, excellent selection.

Round 6, Pick 177: East Carolina OLB Derrell Johnson, 62 257 lbs

Sometimes, its the small school player taken late in the draft who turns into something. Having a chip on your shoulder and trying to prove to the league that you should have been taken earlier can be great fuel for players. I don't know if he will make it, but from the limited I have seen, i like him.

Round 6, Pick 181: Cal DE DeAndre Coleman, 6'5" 314 lbs

Big Fan of DeAndre COleman. I like him as a 5 tech.

Round 6, Pick 211: Arkansas State NT Ryan Carrethers, 6'1" 337 lbs

LOVE this selection. Putting him and Coleman on the same DL would in essence clog up 4 Offensive players opening up lanes for Watt, the OLBs, and Cush.

Round 7, Pick 216: Vanderbilt OT/OG/C, Wesley Johnson, 65 297 lbs

I see him more as a OG, but he would be a very nice addition at this point in the draft.

Round 7, Pick 256: Indiana RB/KR Stephen Houston, 511 225 lbs

Solid selection.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote