View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014   #7
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: #19's pre-draft mock

I think we would have a very good defense. I agree with beerlover that the defensive backfield would be our vulnerable spot. I would expect this to be somewhat mitigated by a vastly improved pass rush and QB pressure.

And we should have a strong running game. In the passing game, our QB should be under much less pressure and we have excellent receivers. All we need is for the QB to manage the game mistake free.

With our schedule, I would expect an 8-8 season, but would have reasonable expectations that we could win as many as 9 or 10. We should be on par with all except the elite teams.

There might be some concern that we may have as many as four rookies starting on defense and a couple on offense, but we should season as a team as the year progresses and I would expect us to have a good season but not necessarily make the playoffs.

My position has been, since early on, that O'Brien uses this season to evaluate our QB situation and, if need be, we then target a QB next year. The jury is still out, in my mind, on Keenum, but I like the potential in Wenning. I saw yesterday that his Wonderlic was 29. Now if this will only translate to the field to go with his physical tools.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote