Thread: Ben Jones
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
As stated before, though, Jones is a center, pure and simple and why he was drafted. I doubt Chris Myers does any better at guard, which attests to Jones' versatility to at least do an adequate job...which he has. Just not a starters job at a position that's not entirely natural to him.

Ben Jones was and is a coveted player because he can call defenses like he did at Georgia. I had a talk with Jones once and I'm almost tempted to make a bold prediction (maybe not so bold?) that Ben Jones will be a pro bowl center when Myers takes a hike (pun intended). That is, of course, if he doesn't die first from eating his own colon, or something nutty like that (pun also intended).
Curious as to what he said that gave you any input as to his football skills? I agree he should be a good center and have called for him to replace Myers this season. I am still interested in seeing if Quess could remain a tackle and draft a LG.