Originally Posted by Wolf6151
1. Robinson, I have no problem here. He and Watkins are IMO the only 2 no doubt picks at 1.1.
2. Bucannon, I have no doubt that he's worth the pick but I think taking a Safety here overlooks much bigger needs at OLB, DT/DE, QB, and CB. Filling OLB here fixes the ILB position as well.
3. McCarron, if available I like the pick. He's not great at any one thing but good at alot of things and this pick would bring Katherine Webb to Houston, that's always a good thing.
4. Fido, I really like the player. I still think there are bigger needs but in the 4th we're getting into value and he's good value.
4b. Cockrell, CB is a definite need and although this might be a little early for him I can't argue the need and his developmental depth potential.
5. Smallwood, right round and good size for the position. Quality depth.
6. Johnson, I don't know anything about this guy but would like to see OLB addressed much earlier as I think pass rush is a bigger need than depth at Safety.
6b. Coleman, love this pick. Great size for the DE/DT position in our 3-4 system, not much of a pass rush be good at holding the LOS and stuffing the run.
6c. Carrethers, love this pick as well. He and Coleman should solidify our D-line depth concerns.
7. W. Johnson, decent developmental depth for the O-line and we surely need it.
7b. Houston, I don't know anything about this guy.
Overall I really like the mock, my only major concern is OLB and Safety. I'd switch 2 and 6a positional order. I'm also surprised you've got no WR or RB picks, though I know we can't fix everything in one draft.
If Crennel thinks Swearinger starts opposite one of the new FAs, you could be correct and someone like Van Noy in second could be the guy. Here's the thing, good OLBs can be selected in later rounds (as we did) not so with safeties. Bucannon is excellent value and in our opinion, beats out Swearinger game 1. I am not sold on new FAs, yet.
As always appreciate your comment and thanks for good words.