View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014   #243
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
But I thought McNair was a hands off owner?

Bottom line is if the owner respects his GM's opinions he will most likely go along with the GM's decisions. It seems as though McNair is totally in charge, yet never held accountable by the fanbase. (Accountable, there goes that word again)

I know that in most fans on this MB McNair can do no wrong, but his management style is the root of the Texans on field product problems. But his management style sure does make him a lot of $$$$ and that's what it's really all about isn't it?
McNair has been meddling in draft matters since he decided on David Carr for our ultimate 1-1 and has never quit meddling.

He's not on the Jerry Jones level of running the entire draft obviously, but I'm convinced that he was the reason Carr and Schaub got the contract extensions they received, that he (McNair) was the driving force behind getting Ed Reed, and that he wanted to reward Foster with a large contract for services rendered because he led the league in rushing and rushing TDs while being paid UDFA money.

Now I can't prove a word of it because they speak very fluent coach-speak over on Kirby. They all have mastered the art of making complete and very intelligent-sounding sentences that have very little concrete content.
I'm just going with my gut.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote