View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004   #14
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chicken Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda
Both arguments are valid. Eveyone needs to stop being so emotional.
It's a game that FEEDS off emotion. That's why there's suuch a thing called HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE. That's why you have *****s on every NFL site calling for firings, hirings, player changes and everything else imaginable. Unfortunately, most of it is psycho-babble. I'm willing to bet that the majority of fans going to the home games don't post on this, or any other NFL site. It doesn't make "us" better fans, or as I pointed out, any more observant, as a whole. We just can't get enough of the TEXANS, once camp and the pre-season begins. However, as a former Oilers season ticket holder, I couldn't even READ the sports section, until the following Thursday or Friday, after a loss. That was irrational and HIGLY emotional. I've matured somewhat and unlike many others, have a realistic outlook on this team, especially the upcoming season. The players themselves feed off of our emotions, our fervor and in some cases, 4 quarters of maniacal, screaming, in support of the TEXANS! You want analytical, intellectual and serious thought, it's here as well, but come gameday, those same posters turn into a rabid pack of BULLS. Can Bulls contract rabies? Is there a VET in the house? Let's just call it, "Irrate Bull Syndrome", or IBS for now. My point is that the NFL and football in general is the ESSENCE of our collective emotions, both good and bad. Have I mentioned lately how much I loathe the Jags, board members? Talk about irrational, slow witted and HOSTILE.....
Livid13 is offline   Reply With Quote