View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 3 Amigos' Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
1. Robinson, I have no problem here. He and Watkins are IMO the only 2 no doubt picks at 1.1.
2. Bucannon, I have no doubt that he's worth the pick but I think taking a Safety here overlooks much bigger needs at OLB, DT/DE, QB, and CB. Filling OLB here fixes the ILB position as well.
3. McCarron, if available I like the pick. He's not great at any one thing but good at alot of things and this pick would bring Katherine Webb to Houston, that's always a good thing.
4. Fido, I really like the player. I still think there are bigger needs but in the 4th we're getting into value and he's good value.
4b. Cockrell, CB is a definite need and although this might be a little early for him I can't argue the need and his developmental depth potential.
5. Smallwood, right round and good size for the position. Quality depth.
6. Johnson, I don't know anything about this guy but would like to see OLB addressed much earlier as I think pass rush is a bigger need than depth at Safety.
6b. Coleman, love this pick. Great size for the DE/DT position in our 3-4 system, not much of a pass rush be good at holding the LOS and stuffing the run.
6c. Carrethers, love this pick as well. He and Coleman should solidify our D-line depth concerns.
7. W. Johnson, decent developmental depth for the O-line and we surely need it.
7b. Houston, I don't know anything about this guy.

Overall I really like the mock, my only major concern is OLB and Safety. I'd switch 2 and 6a positional order. I'm also surprised you've got no WR or RB picks, though I know we can't fix everything in one draft.
thanks for input.

in regards to Bucannon he was highest rated player, agreed by consensus, to be available pick #33. with such a great WR class teams will need premium/elite defenders even more badly. in terms of team needs secondary cannot be dismissed.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote