View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014   #193
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Had another shot at this. I tend to look for trade downs at 1:1 & 2:1 because I think the Texans should be doing this too. No good deals at 1:1 but got a decent offer at 2:1.

Round 1 Pick 1: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina (A)
If we aren't moving down, I'm happy to take a shot with the clown.

Round 2 Pick 7 (JAX): Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State (A)
Really warming up to Carr 2.0 to get him at 2:7 was good value.

Round 3 Pick 1: Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame (B+)
At 3:1 can't deny this guy, replaces Smith.

Round 4 Pick 1: Keith McGill, CB, Utah (A)
We need help on the back end and I think McGill can cover the whole backend with his versatility.

Round 4 Pick 14 (JAX): Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State (B+)
Love this selection. We need another guy beside Cush and Jones can do it all.

Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina (A)
Slot receiver solved.

Round 5 Pick 1: James Hurst, OT, North Carolina (B)
May be coming off injury but throw him in with Williams and Queensberry to solve the two problem spots on the line.

Round 6 Pick 1: Devon Kennard, OLB, Southern California (B-)
Another versatile LB. I think he could play any of the 4 spots.

Round 6 Pick 5: Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A)
Carr insurance.

Round 6 Pick 35 (COMP): Calvin Barnett, DT, Oklahoma State (B-)
Big body to rotate with Powe. Would of liked someone earlier but didn't get the chance.

Round 7 Pick 1: Gator Hoskins, FB, Marshall (C-)
Really versatile player who can play FB, HBack or TE

Round 7 Pick 41 (COMP): Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State (C)
My favourite project player in the draft, unless you consider Logan Thomas a project.